Thursday, December 20, 2007

Outta This Funk with your SCRAPS and SKETCHES!






It's me---Miss Melissa posting today! SO happy to be here with my friends and mentors.




I wanted to share 2 of my most favorite---in-a-funk cures.




The first is my SCRAPS---I save them all---and sometimes all it takes, is noticing how they have fallen together, mismatched, shaped, trimmed, torn, and used. It's so much easier for me to be inspired by small bits of paper, than by the whole sheet. Plus, I feel a bit more daring with my paper and patterns when they are in bits, versus cutting away at a new sheet.
The next place I turn when I'm not feeling too creative is to a sketch. I'm always amazed at how these help me try new things and inspire me to a whole new level. Here are a couple of my favorite card sketch sites:
http://www.cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/
I'd love to know what your favorite sketch sites are too---I'll be sure to bookmark them!
And, above just a couple of cards I made using a sketch and my beloved scraps!
Melissa

14 comments:

Shana Dilldine said...

I have a hard time believing you are ever in a funk. Those cards are to die for. Thanks for the sketch links.

Unknown said...

Yah, Miss Melissa in a funk? I doubt it! ;)
So tell me how do you store all of your scraps? By manufacturer? And where do you keep them?

I'm trying to get mine all organized 'cause I keep my scraps too.

Love your cards girlie!! I always do!! ;)

Shellieh said...

Love them Melissa! I have a bunch of scraps- but it seems like used stuff go in the scraps drawer, and it is never to be seen again-- until the drawer is full, then I empty it, start over, saying I will use scraps, I will use scraps. lolol. Love the cards.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Melis!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

What a funk-o-licous tip Melis!! Thanks so much!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

These are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Melis, you rock the socks. Always.

-teri

Wendy Malichio said...

Oh I love scraps too Melissa and no one can use them better than you! What clever and inspiring ideas you posted!!

Anonymous said...

what a great place to come for inspiration! Those cards are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love using up my scraps too! Melissa, these are pure genius! You surely are not suffering from a funk with these beautiful cards!

Library Bunny said...

I may have to try and lift at least the first card, so fun. Love the use of the flowers. Great inspiration and great funk lifter idea.

Happy Scrappin'

Cricket said...

Wow, those cards are awesome! Thanks for the sketch places too, going to have to check those out!

I really like Valerie Salmon's sketches: www.gosketch.blogspot.com


smiles,

Cricket said...

whoops...it's: www.gotsketch.blogspot.com

sorry, forgot the t!

smiles,

Wendy Malichio said...

Melissa your cards are always so inspiring and beautiful! I love the sketch sites you posted and they are both wonderful places to look to for inspiration!