Saturday, December 15, 2007

Get outta your funk by creating something for someone else!



I have to say that mojo steps out on me FAR more than I wish she/he would? (Is mojo a he or a she? I've never figured that one out).

Anyhow, one of the biggest mojo replenishers for me is to put aside whatever it is that I may be working on for myself or for an assignment and to create something for someone dear to me.

I am not sure if I am far too much of a perfectionist when it comes to "work" and it sends mojo high tailing it outta my life or what my issues tend to be, all I know is I find true satisfaction and enjoyment in creating for someone else as the mere thought of how the recipient of one of my projects will be affected keeps a smile on my face. Once I sit down to create for someone else, I find that mojo winking at me from the door of my scrappy room and soon enough she/he is joining me in full swing.

This lil' number is a mini album that I made for my dear friend Alison that lives in Dublin. I wanted to create a little book for her to drop photos from the year into....sort of a "2007 at a glance" sort of thing. I hope she likes it!

I also have to say that any time I immerse myself in product by We R Memory Keepers that mojo seems to pep right up! The "Foil, Glitter, Flock" rubons that I used on the cover DEFINITELY perked mojo up! You should have seen me squealing like a girl telling her friends about her first kiss, when I was trying these out for my first time. DEFINITELY fun and mojo replinishing! In fact, keep posted, because I'll probably make a demo video showing how to use them soon!

So my advice for the day is if you find yourself in a funk....think of someone else! It works for me!

~ Kristy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Kristy! And I know Alison is going to LOVE that thoughtful gift!

Dee ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful album!

Andrea Amu said...

Sweet album, Kristy, and a wonderful tip!

Cricket said...

Love this idea! Found you guys through Robyn's blog! Wish I had heard about ya'll last night..I was in such a funk!! LOL

Anyways, look forward to seeing what ya'll come up with!!

smiles,

Ronda Simpson said...

Love this blog ladies! Great idea! I also found this through Robyn! I'll be sure to check back often!

Wendy Malichio said...

Kristy this is awesome!!! I love how sweet it is and she is going to love it so much, what a special, thoughtful gift!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

LOVE this album Kristy!

Shellieh said...

oh, Kristy, this is beautiful! love it. :D

Unknown said...

What a fabulous book Kristy!

Unknown said...

This book is beautiful! I completely agree about the mojo coming back when I am making something for someone else. I cranked out 5 12x12 Layouts in 2 days as a gift for my mom.

Julie said...

I love the look of this album - it's gorgeous. might have to get me some rubons.

Anonymous said...

Kristy, Kristy... completely lovely! --teri