Monday, June 16, 2008

Add dimension!












Hey there! Kristy here. I don't know why but me and the "pop dots" have been having quite the love affair lately! I can't get enough of adding a little dimension to my projects.

I recently made this layout for my sweet sister in law as a gift. I dug up all sorts of product from my stash, including my Fancy Pants chipboard flourishes that I've had for, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....forever!

I wanted to use more than just the one swoosh, so I decided to bust out my pop dots and stack another flourish on top. I had lots of room to play with dimension, as I actually framed this layout in a shadow box frame from IKEA to give to her.

Oh and the journaling is blurry only because it's a bunch of sappy, schmoopy, "sister" stuff.

So if you haven't busted out your foam pop dots recently, go for it! They can be fun!

7 comments:

Mimi Hornberger said...

That's great! Love the colors. TFS! XO, Mimi

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I have some of that chipboard. I think I'll get that out today and give it a try! THanks for the idea!

Becki

Anonymous said...

Love this so much, Kristy!!
It's so fun and sparkly and flourishy...and poppy, too! :)
LOL!

I don't think I've EVER stopped having a love affair with pop dots... love them...even use up the pieces of foam sheet after the dots are all gone! LOL

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Absolutely Fabulous Krisy! And I love my pop dots too, Dee!

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous, Kristy! :)
And, gotta say, that's such a beautiful pic of her! --teri

Kathy said...

beautiful lo!

Beth said...

What a great gift Kristy! Jana will love it!! It's a great pic of her too! You're such a nice SIL!!!