Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Inspiration: An Old Scrapbook

Hi y'all!
Teri here.
I was roaming around an antique festival a few weeks back and spied some really cool, old scrapbook pages.
Here's what they looked like:


They made my heart go pitter patter. The base is old ledgers from the early 1900s. The cutouts of the women also from that era.

Anyway, the layered ledger was so inspiring to me that I made this card:



Instead of old paper, I used ledger paper from good old Making Memories as the stamping base. Then, I stamped the poppies (from Technique Tuesday's My Little Poppy Shoppe set) right over the paper's words. The "warm wishes" is from another Technique Tuesday stamp set.
I just love the look!

6 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

wow, what a find! And your card is beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card. I love your inspiration.

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

This is soooo cool! I can just imagine how excited you were to find this rare collection! Your card is just beautiful!

Jen N said...

Oh my.....oh my.....this is so gorgeous! I love the inspiration too! What a find!

HeatherC said...

I am really loving the card. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Terri, I loved the photo of the old journal layered with the pictures of the 1900's ladies. Vintage anything is a love of mine. The card this layered journal inspired you to do is so pretty. I love those poppies in that wonderful poppy red are just so cheery. Thank you for sharing this with us.