Thursday, January 31, 2008

Go Vintage!!!


Hey everyone...Kristy here!

So the other day I sat down to make my hubby a birthday card. As I sat pondering the choices of papers that I could use, nothing in my "new" stash was really speaking to me. So **gasp** I decided to go digging through the "vintage" papers. And what did I find? I found that I had a GREAT time using up some of my old stash. For whatever reason the pressure of making some of the new lovely papers work had disappeared, and I had a great time working with a little bit of ancient KI paper.

Okay, so now it's time for a little chat. You KNOW you've got those papers that you just can't bare to let go. You've been hanging on to them for....oh.......6 years? Guess what scrappers....my guess is if you haven't used them by now, you're not gonna!

So how's about a challenge for you! Here's the hard part....I know, I know....you're saying to yourself, "but I can't use it! I can't buy it again! What if I NEEEEEEEEEEED it one day! Well, I'm happy to report that TODAY is the day you're going to fill that NEEEEEEEEED! Sit down. Start digging...no...keep digging...deeper, deeper. Get to those papers that have an inch of dust sitting on them. There! Stop! THOSE ARE THE ONES!

Your challenge is to show me something VINTAGE! On Feb. 15th, I'll draw a random winner to receive a RAK. Could be new. Could be vintage. Could be both! You'll just have to wait and see!

HAVE FUN!

7 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

That was one of my favorite lines! I think I used up every scrap of that ages ago...but I know I have lots of other "vintage" papers to try your challenge!

Colleen said...

You got it! Here's some very "vintage" paper on this one...
http://randomponderingincanada.blogspot.com/2008/01/quick-card.html

Fink said...

Wow, do I have paper with dust! Now wonder if I could come with vintage?

Anonymous said...

Love the term 'vintage' for our old stuff!!! Makes it sound so much more desireable...even trendy!!
Great challenge, Kristy!

Wendy Malichio said...

Just beautiful Kristy!! Love the yummy colors!!

Suzanne said...

Love it Kristy! Those colors are soooo awesome!